blog, pt. ii

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Short answer #2 - In either a video or a written post with photos, introduce us to a part of your life, house, town, etc. that you find wildly interesting.

This is my brother. His name is Ryan. He is 7.

Okay, I lied. This is my brother 0.0001% of the time.

This is a more accurate picture of him. We didn't even go to this game.

He is wildly interesting. For example, he loves Eric Clapton, but also once said he wanted to be the Jonas Brothers. Not just a Jonas Brother, no - the collective identity of the Jonas Brothers. He is a human paradox. The other night, he said something about his "jammies" (his PJs), but I misheard him and thought he said "panties." We then proceeded to come up with a plethora of combinations of adjective + "panties" which entertained us for the next half hour. Some of the ones we came up with were: "cheetah panties," "jean panties," "rubber panties," and my personal favorite - "croc panties." Where does he come up with this stuff? I have no idea. But I am currently cracking up to myself in a public library.
My brother watches sports like a 30-year-old man. He never watches one game, he instead keeps track of ESPN, Fox Sports, ABC and NBC (if applicable) as well as the scoreboards on the bottom of the ESPN screen. So when I ask, "How was the Phillies game?" He will respond "It was 6-8. And the Cardinals won, but the Red Sox lost to the Yankees, something about Michael Vick back with the Eagles, and did you hear about that Korean golfer who beat Tiger Woods?" And yet, the kid claims that he does not know how to tell time. (I know that this is a lie because he always knows when to turn on the TV to catch a game.)
Spelling has never been his forte. He used to spell "juice" "j-o-o-s."

I like to ask my brother what he wants to be when he grows up.
At age 4, his response was "A whale."
At age 6, his response was "An Animal Planet TV show host."
Now, he says, "A scientist during the week and an artist on weekends. And a tennis player on Sundays." Child, you are 7. What is wrong with you?? I once accidentally knocked his chin and he cried, "Oww...my mandible!"
Aside from our uncontrollable laughter and voices (I seriously sound like a 7-year-old on the phone), Ryan and I are very different, which fascinates my mother. But he is a pretty cool cat and when he asks, "Can I be your roommate?" I wish I can say, "Yes."
Ryan, age 5, as Obi-Wan Kenobi

"Ah, screw it. Just gimme some freaking yogurt."

2 comments:

Julia 1:31 PM  

Ryan is so funny. You've pretty much captured him perfectly in this post.

MIT, HIRE THIS GIRL! SHE WILL BE AN AWESOME BLOGGER.

Kyle H 7:20 PM  

elizabeth. fantastic.

  © Blogger template Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP